Enjoy this full day option to visit Avila and Segovia on this private tour. It is a full day experience to get you to learn about the history of both Avila and Segovia.
Both cities are located not far away from the city center of Madrid. We will first reach Segovia in around 1 hour. Once we arrive to Segovia, you will enjoy a 3 hour guided walking tour with your private official tour guide. Most of the city center of Segovia is done by foot. You will later have some time to eat before we head towards Avila. You can taste the delicious piglet that is so typical of Segovia for your lunch stop!
After we leave Segovia, we will drive towards Avila. The drive to Avila will take around 1 hour from Segovia. Once in Avila, you will enjoy a 2 hour walking tour of Avila.
We will then take you back towards your hotel in Madrid comfortably.
Points of Interest and Landmarks
This private full day tour will include the best sites of Avila as well as Segovia.
Our first stop will be Segovia. There is so much to see and enjoy of this historical city. Here are a few examples of what Segovia has to offer:
- Aqueduct of Segovia. This is a complete must to visit. This is the icon of Segovia. It is a truly remarkable location to visit.
- Have a view at the Alcazar of Segovia. This is a palace that has roman and moorish origins. Great photo stop and unique memories to take back home!
- Cathedral of Segovia: New Cathedral constructed in the former Jewish Quarter of Segovia.
- Walls of Segovia
- Calle Real de Segovia
- Much more!
Once you have had a quick bite to eat. We will head towards Avila. Avila is also a medieval city, with unique Medieval walls. Her are a few monuments you will enjoy:
- The Walls: UNESCO listed walls that are located in Avila. These walls are known for their strategic defences. There walls are 3 meters thick and the perimeter of the walls is 2.5 kilometres! A true wonder to visit.
- Gates of the Walls and so much more!
- The Cuatro Postes. This is a pilgrimage site that is located close to the city.
- Basilica de San Vicente: Romanesque architecture that is located in Avila.
- Real Monasterio de Santo Tomas
- Convento de Santa Teresa. This monument is dedicated to the most famous Saint in Avila. Santa Teresa.
- Old town of Avila
- Much more!
We will then drive you back comfortably to your hotel in Madrid with your private chauffeur.
Check our our full day tour to Toledo as well!