Enjoy this private 8-hour tour with your official your guide and get to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Toledo very comfortably in your private luxury vehicle with your chauffeur.
It is an absolute must to take a day out of your schedule in Madrid to visit Toledo.
Firstly, we will arrange a comfortably pick up from your hotel in Madrid. Your English speaking driver will be waiting for you in a luxury vehicle to take you towards Toledo. Once in Toledo, you will meet your private official tour guide for a 3 hour visit.
Toledo is a city mostly done by foot and you will get a chance to know the best of the city of Toledo.
Secondly upon arrival, we will head towards the other side of Toledo to get a panoramic view of the city. Right after that, we will head towards the city center of Toledo.
You will have some free time for lunch before heading back towards your hotel in Madrid.
Points of Interest and Landmarks
This private tour will first start with a hotel pick up in Madrid. This can also be an airport pick up if you prefer. Alongside of your chauffeur and our luxury vehicle, we will head towards Toledo.
Toledo is an ancient UNESCO listed city since 1986 for its extensive cultural and monumental heritage and historical co-existence of Christian, Muslin and Jewish cultures.
It has been known as the city of three cultures and also as the Imperial City.
The tour will be organised taking into account what you want. Toledo’s old city will give you a new historical fact on every corner!
An example of what some of the sites that the tour can include is the following amongst other options available:
- Castillo de San Servando.
- Catedral Primada: A gothic cathedral. It is built on a mosque itself which had been first built on a church!
- Santa María la Blanca (oldest synagogue)- One of the best well preserved synagogue buildings in all of Europe. 12th century.
- Museum of El Greco (Home-house designed as a recreation the artist’s home including important paintings).
- Jewish Quarter.
- Synagogue El Transito: One of the most significant jewish buildings in Spain. By Samuel Levi.
- Church of Santiago del Arrabal.
- El Cristo de la luz (small mosque-oratory built in 999, then conversed to a church)
- Tonerías Mosque
- Alcazar fortress – Have a view at the Alcazar or palace on the highest point of the city of Toledo.
- Puerta de Bisagra Nueva (Main entrance and face of Toledo) – the new entrance to Toledo.
- Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes: have a view at the 15th century monastery.
- Puerta de Bisagra (main entrance to the city in Andalusian times): from the 900s. It was the old entrance of the city.
- Plaza de Zocodover: Square in the city center. Full of people, cafes and a great meeting place!
- Puerta del Sol: Northern city gate from the 14th century.
- Puerta Bab al-Mardum (oldest city gate of Toledo).
- Alcántara bridge: this is another way to cross the Tagus. It is from the Roman age.
- Puente de San Martin: upon the Tagus River, enter Toledo on this unique bridge.
In conclusion, get to know the best of Toledo in this private day trip from Madrid. It is a unique opportunity to learn all the hidden gems and wonderful historical facts of Toledo next to your private official tour guide.