Barcelona has much more than only just Antonio Gaudi. Get to know the modern architecture of Barcelona. Let our Barcelona private tour guide take you around the city with our luxury vehicle with chauffeur.
For this private modern architecture tour of Barcleona we have arranged a 4 hour proposal. We can arrange a longer tour if you wish.
Enjoy the best of another side of Barcelona. Since 1929 when Mies van Der Rohe constructed the Pavilion for the World Exposition, Barcelona has grown in modern architecture.
This was even known as one of the first modern buildings in Europe! There are exceptions, but the real modernism came in recent years.
Many even say that since the Olympic Games in ’92, there is a new era in Barcelona. Many more apartment buildings were constructed, beaches were cleaned and ameliorated. Barcelona is a modern and dynamic city now.
Points of Interest and Landmarks
Firstly, your private official tour guide and luxury vehicle will take you on this private tour.
You will get to know many of the modern architecture sites of the city. Amongst other monuments and sights you can get to know:
- Calatrava Tower: this is the communication Tower by Santiago Calatrava.
- Mies van der Rohe’s Barcelona Pavilion
- Richard Meiers Museum of Modern Art of Barcelona (MACBA)
- Hesperia tower
- Bullfighting ring Las Arenas by Sir Richard Rogers: an old bullfighting ring transformed into a shopping mall. Quite a site!
- Torre Agbar by Jean Nouvel
- Tele-Antenna – Torre de Collserola by Sir Norman Foster
- Mercat Santa Catarina by Miralles/Tagliabue
- Hotel W Barcelona by Richard Bofill: it is known as the “sail” hotel in Spanish (Hotel Vela). Beautiful views from the rooms and rooftop bar. There are also great restaurants bellow the hotel by the beach.
- Much more!
In conclusion, we will take you to great photo stops and you will learn the stories and details of each of these buildings. You will get to know the best of the modern architecture in the city of Barcelona.