Located next to the Douro river, Porto is one of the most interesting cities of Portugal. Learn the history and traditions and discover the secrets places of the city with this Porto private tour. You will enjoy a personalised tour next to your official tour guide, a local expert, and comfortable in your private vehicle.
Firstly your driver and guide will pick you up, at your desired time, from your hotel or place of choice. After that you will kick off your private tailor made experience.
The Tour Travel and More team will help you to organise the best private tour. Itinerary and duration of the tour are completely adjustable to your personal interests. Get in touch with us for a personalised proposal.
Points of Interest and Landmarks
Porto has been declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage site in 1996. The city has been funded in the 4th Century, and it is one of the oldest touristic destinations in Europe. It has a very rich cultural and artistic life, and a long history. During this Porto private tour you get to know the old city of Porto, the praça de Batalha, and you will walk through the emblematic Rua Santa Catarina.
The itinerary of your tour is completely adjustable to your desires. You may visit, for instance:
– Café Majestic, one of the most historic places in the city, where JK Rowling spent many hours writing Harry Potter.
– Bolhao Market, where you can find fruits, vegetables, meat and fish, specially cod. This market exists since the beginning of the 19th Century, and it shows the identity of the city.
– Visit the main churches of Porto; Capela das almas, do carmo y dos carmelitas.
– Enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the Miradouro da Vitória, from where you can enjoy views of the city, the ribeira and the area of the cathedral.
– Library of Lello & Irmao, which is known as one of the nicest libraries in the whole world. It exists since 1906. Lonely Planet considered Lello & Irmão Bookstore as the third most beautiful library in the world.
Enjoy a relaxing walk through the ribeira, next to the Douro river, where you will be able to try the fantastic wine of Oporto. We may arrange a local place for lunch if you are interested.
Get in touch with us for a tailor made proposal, our team of experts is at your entire disposition.