Well, what can we say about Marrakech! Marrakech is truly a unique city to visit, with so much to offer. This is why we recommend this following itinerary to get to know the best of the city in this one day experience. In this 9 day itinerary to get to know the best of Morocco and the desert, we have limited the tours in each city to one full day to maximise your time.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Marrakech and we will start to enjoy this beautiful city. Here are a few sites you will be able to visit:
- Bahia Palace: Unique palace with 150 rooms. An amazing decoration with beautiful ceilings, tiling and so much more. It is a beautiful palace where we need to dedicate a few moments of our day!
- Souk Semmarine: when we think of Morocco or Marrakech we think of their markets or souks. This is why this stop is a must. This is one of the largest souks you can visit. Walk around and have a view at their leather goods, rugs, silverware and so much more!
- Souk Place des Épices: well like we said, souks are so famous that we can’t miss a brief stop at the spice market.
- El Badi Palace: have a view at the ruins of Sultan Ahmed el Mansour’s old palace. Learn about the past of Morocco having a view at these old ruins.
- Jemaa el-Fna: this square is one of the most famous squares and it is known as the heart of the medina. It is really one of the biggest attractions in Marrakech. It is even an UNESCO world heritage site. It is also nice to go back to the Jemaa el-Fna at night to enjoy the bbq, listen to music, have a view from the rooftop and more!
- Musée des Confluences: the old governors palace. Now its a museum and you can check out this beautiful construction and what it has to offer.
- Gueliz: want to see the modern part of Marrakech away from the Medina? Then have a view at this neighbourhood!
- The Mellah: this is the jewish quarter inside Marrakech. Have a view for sure at the Al Azama synagogue and the Miara cemetery.
- Koutoubia mosque: have a view at this beautiful building and architecture. You cannot enter if you a non-Muslim but you can take great photos from the outside.
- Saadian tombs: enjoy the beautiful landscaped gardens and see that even the wealthily have benefits after death!
Depending on what time you arrive on day 1, we would arrange a visit to Jardin Majorelle and Musée Yves Saint Laurent. This will depend on your arrival time on day 1, but we can include it today if you don’t have enough time to visit it on day 1.
Jardin Majorelle: a complete photo stop. Walk around and stroll in this unique botanical garden
Musée Yves Saint Laurent: a beautiful stop to enjoy great works that even a non fashion lover will enjoy.
This will be your first day during your Morocco trip.