Château de Versailles is one of the most visited places in whole Europe. This beautiful palace was the royal residence from 1682 until 1789. During the 19th Century turned into a museum, including the gardens and the Palaces of Trianon, which spread for more than 800 hectares. Visit this historical landmark and Giverny, where you can visit Monet’s garden, with our private Giverny and Versailles tour.
Firstly your licensed guide and driver will pick you up at your desired place in Paris. After that your private full day experience will kick off. Your first stop will be Versailles. The drive from Paris to Versailles takes approximately 45 minutes. Once there you will visit the palace and gardens with your private official tour guide. Skip the line tickets to Château de Versailles are included in the price of the tour. After that you will drive to Giverny, where Monet’s garden is located. You will visit the house and botanical garden with your private guide.
Our tours are private and customisable to our clients desires. Get in touch with us for a tailor made proposal. One of our team members will help you arrange an unforgettable experience.
Points of Interests and Landmarks
The Palace and Park of Versailles, a UNESCO world heritage site, is one of the most visited places in France. Its architecture ensembles the style of 17th and 18th centuries. The Park is decorated with statues, fountains, water parterres and outstanding buildings such as the Grand Trianon and Petit Trianon. You will enjoy a private guided visit of the palace and gardens with your private official tour guide. Our guides are expert in history, culture and art of France.
Some of the sites you will visit in Versailles are:
- Royal Chapel: The jewel of the Palace and Louis XIV’s last major building project.
- Kings Grand Apartment: This set of 7 rooms is composed of marble panelling and painted ceilings. At the time they were used for hosting the sovereign’s official acts
- Hall of Mirrors (La Grande Galerie des Glaces): The most famous room in the palace, from here you can enjoy a stunning view of the gardens.
- Queen’s Grand Apartment: The queen’s series of room have an identical layering to the king’s. It’s first inhabitant was Queen Maria Theresa, Louis XIV’s wife.
- Gardens of Versailles: Best admirable from the Hall of Mirrors, the wonderful gardens of Versailles were developed in 1661 when Louis XVI entrusted André Le Nôtre with the creation and renovation of the gardens of Versailles.
After an extended and deep visit of Château de Versailles you will drive to Giverny. Of course on the way you will have free time for lunch (our guide will recommend you a good local place! Or we can also arrange you something beforehand). Giverny is known as one of the most beautiful villages in France and where Monet established his house. He designed a beautiful garden full of colours, flowers and oriental design. There is a flower garden called Clos Normand in front of the house and a Japanese inspired water garden on the other side of the road. You will visit the beautiful town and Monet’s garden with your private guide.
Giverny and Versailles tour
In addition to your driver and guide, this private tour includes skip the line tickets to the palaces and gardens of Versailles, and to Monet’s garden. At the end of your tour your driver and guide will bring you back to your hotel or place of choice in Paris.
All the tours we provide are private, therefore only for you. Get in touch with us for more information. After that a travel expert from our team will contact you and help you arrange the best possible experience. Starting time, duration and itinerary are completely adaptable to your personal desires. Remember this private tour to Versailles can also be arranged with a city tour of Paris.