Private tour of the Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth
Description of the private tour of the Corinth Canal and ancient Corinth.
The ancient city of Corinth is located in the Peloponnese region of southern Greece. It is a city with a lot of history and with many archaeological remains worth visiting. The most important monument of ancient Corinth is the temple of Apollo, which is located on top of the mountain overlooking the city. The view from the temple is truly breathtaking, and on a clear day you can see all of Corinth and the Gulf of Corinth.
The temple is very well preserved and definitely worth a visit. Another relevant monument in Corinth is the Roman aqueduct.
On the other hand, the ancient city of Corinth offers its visitors a lot of historical and archaeological sites worth visiting, the Library and the Odeon, built in the 3rd century BC.
And located in the heart of the city, are undoubtedly the most interesting places.
The tour has a duration of 5 hours with vehicle, driver and private guide during the tour.
Points of interest within the private tour of the Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth
First of all, your private driver will pick you and your companions up at the agreed point or at your hotel in Athens, then you will head to ancient Corinth to proceed with the fascinating Private Tour in this location.
The Corinth Canal and the ancient city of Corinth are two points of interest not to be missed during a private tour in Greece. This article explains what are the main attractions of each place.
The Corinth Canal is an artificial canal in Greece that connects the Aegean Sea with the Ionian Sea. It was built in the 6th century BC by order of King Croesus of Lydia to allow the passage of merchant fleets between the two seas.
Ancient Corinth was a Greek city founded in the 8th century BC, located on the northwestern coast of the Peloponnese peninsula. It was one of the most important cities in Greece and the entire ancient world, and a major commercial and cultural center.
On the other hand, if you feel like learning more about Athens, don’t forget to check out all the tours we offer in this beautiful city of Greece.
This Private Tour includes:
- Private official Tour guide for 5 hours
- Private luxury Vehicle with driver for 5 hours
- Entrance ticket to Old Corinth included
- Pick up and drop off from Athens
- Complete personalized experience
- 24/7 Guardian Angel Service
- Public liability insurance
- Price per person
This Private Tour excludes:
- Food and drinks
- Other entrance fees
- No Refund, Modification or Cancellation in any case on any type of tickets or entrance fees.
- Modification of tour/service dates and starting times are subject to availability.
- 48 hours prior to first service date: Free Cancellation on guide and private vehicle with chauffeur. Any type of entrance tickets have no refund.
- Less than 48 hours prior to first service date: No Refund. Payment of 100%.