Arguably the busiest neighbourhood in Paris, Latin Quarter is a must-visit area for any Paris visitor. Located in the 5th arrondissement (left bank), the quarter is filled with Parisians, students, and tourists. Discover this quarter and the Notre Dame Cathedral, a main symbol of Paris, during our Paris walking tour.
Firstly, your guide will pick you up in your place of choice in Paris. After that, you will start your private walking tour of the city. You will explore some of the city most beautiful streets while learning about the history of the city with a local expert.
All our tours are private and tailor made. Do not hesitate to contact us, our team will help you arrange an unforgettable, personalized experience.
Private walking tour of Latin Quarter and Notre Dame de Paris | Points of Interests and Landmarks
Filled up with Parisian cafés and restaurants, the Latin Quarter is a must-visit in Paris. You will discover this wonderful area with a private official tour guide. Along some attractions that this laid back quarter offers are:
- Panthéon: The temple of the French nation. Since 1885 it has been the last resting place for the great writers, scientists, generals, churchmen and politicians who have made the history of France.
- The Musée National du Moyen-Âge
- The Sorbonne: The best known university of Paris
- Place and fountain St Michel: This area is filled with bookstores and stationers. A glimpse of the intellectual feeling of the quarter.
- Two main shopping streets of Paris: Rue Mouffetard and Rue Monge
- The wonderful gardens of Luxembourg
- The Collège de France and the Lycée Henri IV
- Much more!
In addition to exploring the Latin Quarter, you will visit the Cathedral of Paris. Notre-Dame, a symbol of Paris, lies at the eastern end of the Île de la Cité. The Cathedral was built on the ruins of 2 older roman churches. The foundation stone was laid by Pope Alexander III in 1163, and the high altar was consecrated in 1189. In the cathedral, Napoleon crowned himself as emperor of France in 1804.
Your guide will be at your entire disposition during the tour. In case you may like, we can also arrange a private vehicle for your tour.
All the tours we provide are private and tailor made. Do not hesitate to contact us, one of our experts will get back to you with a personalize proposal. In case you may need to skip the line tickets to any museum or monument in Paris let us know, we can arrange them.
If you have more days in Paris you can check our list of private tours here!