There is no better way than walking to explore one of Paris most visited arrondissement. Hilltop Montmartre is one of the most visited tourist spots in the city. You will discover this beautiful area with a local expert and licensed tour guide. Feel the old Paris and discover some of its oldest bars and cafés during a private Montmartre walking tour.
Firstly you will meet your guide in your central hotel or directly at Blanche metro station. After that you will kick off your private Montmartre area walking tour. During your tour you will learn about the history and traditions of this Parisian neighbourhood. You will learn why and how it turned out to be the place for artists (like for example Picasso).
All our tours are private and tailor made. Get in contact with us and we will help you arrange a personalised experience in Paris.
Points of Interests and Landmarks
Montmartre, its beautiful squares and cobblestoned streets are a must visit in Paris. Located in the 18th arrondissement of Paris, this neighbourhood is the best expression of Paris art scene. You will explore this Montmartre and the Basilique of Sacre Coeur with a private official tour guide. Among some of the places that you will visit during your Montmartre walking tour are:
- Place Dalida: Built in honor to one of the french most loved singers, this square is one of the most beautiful in Paris.
- Café des Deux Moulins: If you have seen the movie Amélie then you will know this place!
- Place Émile Goudeau: Where the famous Bateau-Lavoir artists’ commune was located. Artists like Picasso and Matisse passed through here.
- Moulin de la Galette
- Clos de Montmartre: Montmartre has been since roman times a place for wine producing. Nowadays only 1500m2 are still kept and they produced up to 1500 bottles a year. This bottles are sold in auction for charity.
- Place du Tetre: Montmartre’s best-known square and one of the most visited places in Paris.
- Sacré-Cœur Basilica: Built between 1876 and 1912 to honour the victims of the Franco-Prussian war. From here you can enjoy stunning views of the city.
- Much more!
In addition to exploring Montmartre, we can also add a stop in Moulin Rouge if you would like. There are as well many small museums in the neighbourhood. We can arrange skip the line tickets in case you would like to visit them.
Your guide will be at your entire disposition during the tour. In case you may like we can also arrange a private vehicle for your tour.
Montmartre walking tour
Enjoy our private and customisable private tours in Paris. Get in touch with us and a member of our team will help you arrange a personalised experience. We provide private walking tours, private city tours with driver and guide and also private transportation in Paris.