If there is one tour out of Paris you should do this is Versailles. This wonderful place was the royal residence from 1682 until 1789. Since the 19th Century is a museum. Including the gardens and the Palaces of Trianon the park spreads over 800 hectares. Discover this national landmark with our private Versailles tour from Paris.
Firstly your guide and driver will pick you up at your desired place in Paris. After that you will kick off your private excursion to the wonderful palaces and gardens of Versailles. The drive from Paris to Versailles takes approximately 45 minutes. This tour has a duration of 5 hours, but it is possible to extend the duration. It is also possible to add the visit to Versailles to a Paris city tour.
All our tours are private and tailor made. Contact us and one member of our team of experts will help you arrange an unforgettable private experience during your stay in Paris.
Points of Interests and Landmarks
The Palace and Park of Versailles are one of the most famous world heritage monuments. Its whole architecture ensembles the style of the XVII and XVIII centuries. The Park is decorated with statues, fountains, water parterres and outstanding buildings such as the Grand Trianon and Petit Trianon, the Temple de l’Amour and the Hamlet of Queen Marie-Antoinette. You will visit this french national landmark with your private official tour guide. All our guides are licensed and experts in the history and heritage of Versailles.
Most representative and emblematic sites:
You will learn all about the history and art of the palace with your private official tour guide.
- Royal Chapel: Considered one of the jewels of the Palace and is Louis XIV’s last major building project and his spiritual legacy.
- Kings Grand Apartment: Composed of marble panelling and painted ceilings, this set of 7 rooms were used for hosting the sovereign’s official acts
- Hercules Salon
- Abondance Salon
- Venus Salon
- Diana Salon
- Mars Salon
- Mercury Salon
- Apollo Salon
- Hall of Mirrors (La Grande Galerie des Glaces): Is the most famous room in the palace, started in 1678 and ended in 1684.
- War Room: This room pays tribute to the military victories during the Dutch war
- Queen’s Grand Apartment: The Queen’s Apartments are a series of rooms whose layout is identical to that of the King’s State Apartments to the north. It was first inhabited by Queen Maria Theresa, Louis XIV’s wife.
- Guard’s room
- Salon des Nobles
- Queen’s Bedchamber
- Peace Room: Similarly to the War Room this room contains the same marble panel decoration. It remembers to the peace brought by France to Europe.
- Hall of French history
- Hall of Battles
- Gardens of Versailles: Best admirable from the Hall of Mirrors, the wonderful gardens of Versailles were developed in 1661 when Louix XVI entrusted André Le Nôtre with the creation and renovation of the gardens of Versailles.
In addition to your driver and guide, this private tour includes skip the line tickets to the palaces and gardens of Versailles. When the tour is finished, your private official tour guide & chauffeur will take you back to your place of choice in Paris.
Versailles private tour
All the tours we provide are private, only for you. Contact us for more information. After that a travel expert from our team will contact you and help you arrange the best possible experience. This is a tailor made experience. Starting time, duration and itinerary are completely adaptable to your personal desires. Remember this private tour to Versailles can also be arranged with a city tour of Paris.