Full-day visit to the wineries of La Rioja from Madrid
Full-day visit to the wineries of La Rioja from Madrid Description
This 13-hour tour to the wineries of La Rioja is perfect for those visitors who want to get to know and enjoy the best wines of northern Spain from the capital. We will start early in the morning to make the most of our full-day visit to the wineries of La Rioja from Madrid, with a luxury private vehicle with chauffeur for a comfortable and safe journey.
La Rioja is a beautiful and historic wine region that includes the province of the same name, as well as part of the Basque Country, Navarre and Castile & León. This region has been linked to wine production since before the arrival of the Romans. The privileged conditions and soils and the millenary experience of its wineries give rise to the high quality of the Rioja Denomination of Qualified Origin (DOCa) wines, a favorite among oenology enthusiasts, composed of fresh, aromatic wines, with a balanced composition and excellent bouquet.
The traditional authorized grapes used to make Rioja wines are both red (Tempranillo, Garnacha tinta, Cariñena and Graciano) and white (Viura, Malvasía and white Garnacha), but in recent years others such as Maturana, Monastel, Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and Verdejo have also been accepted. These grapes are used to make reds, whites and rosés, which are divided into Crianza, Reserva and Gran Reserva, depending on their level of maturity.
The success of DOCa Rioja wines means that the availability of the wineries is scarce, and it is difficult to visit two wineries in one day, but we take care of everything so that you only have to enjoy the experience.
Your chauffeur will pick you up at the place of your choice in Madrid in a luxury vehicle, and you will start your route to the north. Once in La Rioja you will be able to visit two wineries, where you will learn about the history and technique of each one of them, and where you will be able to taste their most representative wines, accompanied by the traditional appetizers that the winemakers know best match their wines.
Full-day visit to the wineries of La Rioja from Madrid | Points of interest
Among the wineries that can be visited are:
- Ramón Bilbao
- El Fabulista
- Marqués de Riscal
- And many more, just let us know if you have a preference for a particular winery.
If you wish, your driver will show you the most interesting places in the area or take you to a typical restaurant nearby for lunch.
At the end of your visits, your driver will take you back to your place of origin in Madrid to rest.
As an alternative to our full-day tour to the wineries of La Rioja from Madrid, you can do our full-day tour to the wineries of La Ribera del Duero from Madrid for 12 hours, or our full-day tour to the wineries of Toledo from Madrid as well, but for 8 hours.
This Private Tour includes:
- Pick up and drop off at the place you specify from Madrid
- Private chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle for 12 hours
- Visit to two wineries
- Wine tasting and standard appetizers at each winery
- Public liability insurance
- 24 hour service
This Private Tour excludes:
- Other entrance fees
- Additional food and beverage in addition to the standard tours
- No Refund, Modification or Cancellation in any case on any type of tickets or entrance fees.
- Modification of tour/service dates and starting times are subject to availability.
- 48 hours prior to first service date: Free Cancellation on guide and private vehicle with chauffeur. Any type of entrance tickets have no refund.
- Less than 48 hours prior to first service date: No Refund. Payment of 100%.